On Saturday, September 22nd, Mecca Grade Estate Malt hosted their first Farm to Table Dinner in collaboration with Wild Oregon Foods. The evening started off with guests gathering under the twinkle of the barn lights to enjoy passed appetizers of sautéed long red beans from Paradise Produce with a crispy garlic sesame ginger vinaigrette and cocktails, Grand Pappy's Penicillin, made with Home Base Spirit's Bourbon.
Next guests enjoyed a four course plated dinner created by Chef James Fink of Wild Oregon Foods with ingredients from Jefferson County farmers and ranchers, paired with beers brewed with Mecca Grade Estate Malt. Many of the brewers were able to attend the dinner and talk about their beers along with Chef James presenting the food he had prepared. The dinner and drink menu included:
- Deschutes Brewery- Fresh Hopped Centennial Blonde Ale
- Dwinell Country Ales- Crossfade Farmhouse Pale Ale, Homegrown Peach Wheat Ale and Red Handed Farmhouse Red Ale.
- Planktown Brewing- 150 Saison
- Sunriver Brewing Company- Holy Schmidt Festbier
- Ale Apothecary- Sahalie and Sahati
- Mini bacon wrapped meatloaf with bacon from Hill Meat Company and beef from Symons Beef Company.
- Heirloom tomato, grilled red onion from Paradise Produce and Oregon PNW peaches with a sherry orange vinaigrette.
- Grilled tri tip from Symons Beef Company, spanish tortilla made with potatoes from Casad Family Farms and sautéed kale and chard from Seed to Table.
- Mini tart trio- vanilla lavender, lemon meringue and chocolate espresso.
The evening ended with full stomachs, happy hearts and great conversations around the bonfire under the starry night central Oregon sky. Stay tuned for our next Farm to Table Dinner that we will be hosting this spring, we would love to see you there!
Also, thank you to Amanda Photographic for capturing the evening wonderfully! Please enjoy her photos!