“The best beers deserve Mecca Grade.”
Our malted barley is estate-grown, single-source, and comes from a single varietal: Full Pint. We selected Full Pint because of its unique fit on the Central Oregon High Desert and for its complex and robust flavor when grown and malted on our farm.
We recently finished our large, estate malthouse, which has been designed around the use of 12 ton (24,000 pound) floor-malters for producing our malt.
Our grain silos, cleaning, and packaging are also integrated with the malthouse, providing us with an initial 3.6 million pounds of storage in addition to our other on-farm storage. Because our Central Oregon malt is only sourced from our family farm, we will always maintain double our storage capacity to guarantee the fulfillment of orders.
- Sales will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. We honor our relationships, and as we grow, make sure there is plenty of malt available for our customers.
- No matter how large or small a brewing or distilling operation you are, we are committed to growing with you.
- We are a fiercely independent, family-owned farm and malthouse. We don't answer to corporate shareholders and don't malt according to committee.
- If it's not unique, we won't sell it. There is no reason to grow the same varieties and produce the same malt that is already available and pass it off as "local" or something special.
- We make remarkable malt that has no equal.
- Malt commitments produced from the first phase of our new, large malthouse are going quickly. Please contact us for pricing and availability.
The Foundation Malt Series:
Pelton – The perfect choice for creating premium lagers, light ales, farmhouse, and wild beers. Produces a complex, slightly grassy, and crisp wort through which our terroir is pronounced...rustic, yet refined (Color: 1.5 SRM, PPG: 38*)
Lamonta – The new standard for brewing pale ales and British specialty beers; Lamonta is a remarkable and complex North American craft malt that is golden, sweet, and slightly biscuity. (Color: 3.0 SRM, PPG: 37*)
Vanora – For use in Vienna, Oktoberfest, and Marzen beers, Vanora is a high-kilned malt that is aromatically rich, contributing slight walnut flavors and deep, golden hues to your beer. (Color: 6.0 SRM, PPG: 36*)
Metolius – Imparts a robust and warming malt profile that tastes exactly like a liquid, toasted, graham cracker. With a deep orange & brown color, this malt is the superior choice for brewing traditional styles like Bocks and Munich lagers. (Color: 14.0 SRM, PPG: 35*)
The Specialty Grain Series:
Wickiup – The missing link in creating classic wheat beers; Wickiup provides a deeply rich, "Cream of Wheat" wort with a hint of bread crust and brown sugar.
Our family has grown hard, red spring wheat for decades. Part of this process is supplementing the crop to reach protein levels in excess of 14%, which correlates with increased gluten content. More gluten results in greater elasticity, crucial for our Japanese customers (where the majority of our wheat is currently delivered) who use the flour to make premium noodles.
Malting hard, red spring wheat is a challenge...but the flavor is definitely worth it. We are currently the only source of this type of malted wheat. Please see linked spec sheet for special instructions. (Color: 3.2 SRM, PPG: 36*)
Rimrock – Estate grown and malted, heirloom spring rye available in extremely limited quantities. Full malt analysis pending. Please stay tuned for announcements and availability.
The Opal Series:
(Caramelized, Toffee Malt)
Opal 44 - Opal 44 is your next, secret ingedient. Sweet, moderately-toasted, with hints of chocolate; it’s wort is reminiscent of homemade almond roca. Use with care or abandon. (Color 40 SRM, PPG: 35.6*)
(*see linked specification sheets by clicking on product names)